IRON WATER FILTRATION
Iron is a terrible water contaminant that affects countless areas in your home. From staining fixtures and laundry to making water taste metallic, iron is a common water issue that SunAqua can confidently address. We offers several different styles of iron filters that are appropriate for different applications and contaminant levels.
Pentek RFFE20-BB Iron Reducing Cartridge
The Pentek RFFE20-BB (155263-43) is an iron reducing cartridge that will significantly reduce clear water iron residential and industrial applications. Important - the RFFE-20BB cartridge will contain a small amount of fines (powder) and new cartridges need to be flushed before being brought online. $145.00 each
- pH should be greater than 7
- Silica less than 100 ppm
- Manganese less than 1ppm
- Iron less than 3.0 ppm
- Iron bacteria should not be present
- Hydrogen sulfide should not be present (rotten egg smell)
BB 5 LBS KDF-85/GAC 20 BB SPECIALITY FILTER
BB 5 Lbs KDF-85/GAC 20 BB Speciality Filter is used for premium taste, odour, hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg smell) ,iron reduction and chlorine removal. $196.00 each
- Iron less than 3.0 ppm
- Used for taste, odor and chlorine removal with hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg smell) and iron reduction
- AF series cartridges are double-open end that fit standard residential & industrial housings
- 100% Stabelized KDF-85
- 5.0 lbs KDF-85 included in filter
- Bacteriostatic media controls the growth of microorganisms
- Extended filter life
- Improved efficiency
Autotrol 268 / 762 Water Softener 1.5 cu/foot by SunAqua
The 268/762 computer/demand control system for 1" plumbing combines design simplicity with reinforced NORYL construction to provide you with an uncommonly reliable appliance. More water softeners are used to remove iron from household water supplies than any other devices or systems. Ion exchange may be used for iron removal, but the method works best when the iron concentration is low and when all or most of the iron is in the soluble state.
The inherent reliability for the system means a long life of efficient, trouble-free, uninterrupted soft water and iron removal.
Should maintenance become necessary, the Series 268 offers a unique "separation" capability. Other components, such as the computer control, are modular, making it by far the most home-owner friendly valve on the market. $
2150.00 installed spring special $1950
- Iron less than 3.0 ppm
- Fewer parts than other softener valves.
- Single motor provides all the power to turn camshaft - no solenoids are needed!
- Unique camshaft / flapper valve design - no dynamic seals (such as piston and seal or rotary discs) that could cause leakage through wear or fatigue.
- Built-in brine control valve - no external brine float needed!
- Digital Display - In service display will toggle between time of day and gallons remaining.
- Valve may be indexed manually without power in the event of an extended power outage.
- True 1" internal porting - many competitors use restrictive 1/2" internal ports!
- Energy-efficient - uses only about $2.00 of electricity per year!
AIO Iron Water Filter by Sunaqua
Air Injection Oxidizing Filter, as a single tank system, is an efficient and cost effective system for the removal of iron and sulfur
The Air-Charger AIO maintains an air pocket in the top of the tank while the system is in service. • As the water passes thru the air pocket, iron and sulfur are oxidized. Additionally, dissolved oxygen is added to the water. The Air-Charger AIO filter media bed then removes the iron and sulfur from the water.
- The Air-Charger AIO can remove up to 8 ppm Hydrogen Sulfide and up to 7 ppm Iron.
- A daily backwash will remove accumulated iron and replenish the filter media bed. The regeneration process also adds a fresh air pocket to the system. The Air-Charger AIO system comes equipped with a Fleck 2510SXT air injection control head that automatically backwashes the system daily to clean the media and flush everything down the drain.
- By utilizing a patented process in the control valve, the Air-Charger AIO is able to put the whole oxidation process inside one tank
- keeping maintenance costs and down time to a minimum.
- Recommended flow rate for maximum filtration performance: 3 gpm
- The maximum flow rate recommended is 6 gallons per minute.
- The backwash flow rate minimum is 4.0 gallons per minute.
Concentrated Chlorine Pellets
Concentrated Pentair dry chlorination pellets offer a convenient, economical and safe alternative to harsh, hard-to-handle liquids. Each product is formulated to get the best possible performance for annual water well chlorinating, shock chlorinating or working with a Well PRO™ or Land-O-Matic™ Chlorinators.
Dry Chlorine Pellets 3.5 lb pail $76.00 each
Dry Chlorine Pellets 35 lb pail $340.00 each
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Usable for shock treatment or everyday chlorination
- 70% concentrated for effective chemical action.
- Lasts longer than liquid chlorine
- Easy to add and handle – eliminates spills on clothing or skin irritation
- Containers approved for safe travel
- Certified by NSF International to ANSI/NSF Standard 60 for use with potable water.
Dry Pellet Chlorinator
We offer the best dry-pellet dispenser on the market, the very popular Well Pro system.
Operation of the chlorinator is simple. The unit is wired into your well pump's electrical supply so that it runs while the pump runs and shuts off when the pump shuts off. As it runs, it drops one to three (adjustable) small chlorine pellets into the well per minute. The highly concentrated pellets sink into the well and dissolve slowly, killing bacteria and cleaning up iron and sulfide problems. When the water leaves the well, it passes through a backwashing filter (usually carbon) for removal of oxidized particles and final polish. If a carbon filter is used, the chlorine will also be removed, so that the water that enters the home will be very clean and chlorine-free.
BIF Series Chemical Free Iron Filter
Remove Stubborn Iron Without Chemicals
Incoming raw water passes through a compressed pocket of air contained in the first tank. The air precipitates the iron into solid form and is removed when it passes through the filters media bed contained in the second tank. The media acts as a catalyst in the reaction between iron and oxygen that also causes the iron to precipitate into a solid.
As more water passes through the unit the air becomes depleted and the media becomes overloaded with the iron. Periodic automatic regeneration replenishes the supply of air and cleans the media of filtered iron. The media is not consumed in the iron removal process and therefore is much more economical than many other iron removal processes.
- Natural oxidation removes iron, sulfur and manganese without chemicals or mechanical air pumps
- Regenerate less frequently than traditional iron filters using up to 50% less water than manganese greensand filters
- Meter Immediate, Meter Delayed, Meter with Day Override, Vacation and Calendar Clock mode
- Adjustable cycle times
- Lifetime Warranty on NSF Certified fibreglass tanks
- Seven Year Warranty on NSF Certified control valve